ELDER LAW & MEDICAID WORKSHOP
Learn the steps necessary to protect your assets and provide for your loved ones.
At the workshop, we will discuss several issues including:
- What is the 5-year lookback? Do gifts to kids and grandkids count?
- What if you HAVE made gifts to family? Who pays the nursing home if you’ve already run out of money?
- What is a spend down? You aren’t eligible for Medicaid until your assets are less than $2,000 in Kansas and $4,000 in Missouri.
- What is a division of assets? What happens when you have a healthy spouse? Can you just split your assets?
- What is an irrevocable trust? How can you use an irrevocable trust to protect assets from nursing home expenses?
- What will Medicare pay for? What won’t they pay? On day 101, Medicare doesn’t cover anything. Who pays then?
- Can Medicaid take your house? After you die, can Medicaid force your family to sell the your house in order to get reimbursed?
Designed to be educational in nature, the workshop will be a little over an hour followed by a Q-&-A session with the attorney. Reservations are required, and seating limited to adults only.
-We will cap attendance at 16 people to allow for social distancing-
-Masks provided upon request-
-A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provide if you RSVP online (you may find it in your Junk or Spam folder)-
-We will place a friendly reminder call to the number you provide the day before the workshop-